TRAINING NEEDS ASSESSMENTS
Our staff provides extremely thorough training research that is above industry standards. We follow a five-part research and documentation process (Purpose, Background, Research Methods, Results and Analysis, and Implications/Conclusion).
We begin by clarifying the purpose of the research to ensure that our clients are best served. Generally, we set out to determine if proposed training is needed or cost effective and if so, what material it should contain and exactly how it should be delivered to be most effective.
Our research explains a three-hundred sixty degree view of the current training situation including:
- Detailed description of the (possible/perceived) problem (which may include a list of questions that need to be answered in the research).
- Explanation of how the (possible/perceived) problem came to light.
- The importance of the (possible/perceived) problem.
- How the results of the research will be applied.
- Background on this type of training currently being offered (Who does it? What is the attendance? What are the tasks/behaviors (of current classes) that the students can perform? Are there perceived deficiencies of current training?
LACRTC staff will identify every source of information that is used in the research (e.g. surveys, subject-matter expert interviews, literary reviews, course sampling, etc.) and then clarify exactly how each source was used. This reveals researcher objectivity and contains key elements such as:
How the informational sources were used?
- To whom it was sent and why?
- The survey questions.
- Expert interviews
- Names and credentials.
- Method of selection.
- Questions or themes asked.
- Literary reviews
- Method of selection.
- Researcher expectations.
- Course sampling
- Method of selection (specific course and presenter).
- Course description.
- Overall background on the course and presenter.
How information was collected? (Actual process when applicable)
Results and Analysis:
All of the information taken in is carefully assembled in a logical progression then analyzed pragmatically to create a results-based interpretation and recommendation. We focus on:
- Interpreting the information
- Theme identification
- Information distillation (e.g. reducing overwhelming amounts of information into a usable size)
- Specific instructional design implications (e.g. student behavioral outcomes, learner characteristics, and marketability)
The research is concluded with a pithy encapsulation of all the elements of analysis throughout the paper. Because the research is so well organized, the reader can link back to the sources referenced in the conclusion narrative. This makes the research user-friendly and appealing to top executives with heavy time constraints.
Complete Training Needs Assessment Research examples available upon request.
The LACRTC curriculum design staff is among the most proven in the industry. We use copyrighted course design methods that are proven effective. Prior to the creation of LACRTC, members of our staff were contracted to create the total training package, and then teach the POST Master Instructor Certification Course (a master-designer certification course). All of our courses are built using a three-step process and are completely results driven.
This process begins with extensive research to determine training needs, specific student behavioral outcomes, learner characteristics, and marketability. Next the designers use this information to build a targeted curriculum employing educational industry standards of proven adult-learning methodology. Finally, the course is documented as a total training package that ensures consistency, quality, and objective student performance assessments.
- California POST Master Instructor’s Course
- California POST Advanced Instructor’s Course
- California POST Leadership, Mentoring and Coaching Course
- California Academy Instructor Certification Course (AICC)
- California Institute of Criminal Investigations Instructor’s Course (ICII)
- California Institute of Criminal Investigations Officer Involved Shooting Course
- California Institute of Criminal Investigations Homicide Investigations
- California Institute of Criminal Investigations Burglary Investigations
- California Institute of Criminal Investigations Vehicle Theft Investigations
- California Institute of Criminal Investigations Identity Theft Investigations
- California Institute of Criminal Investigations Technology Course
The instructional staff at the Los Angeles County Regional Training Center has been providing outcome-based training to public agencies, corporations, educational institutions, and even religious organizations since the nineties. In 2014 this group of instructors joined together to establish a regional training center in L.A. County to better serve this highly concentrated area of public agencies.
LACRTC only offers courses that have been proven effective in changing student outcomes. Some courses have been in existence for years and have a long history of exceptional results and reviews. Newer courses were only granted inclusion after it was determined that the designers used a meticulous three-step curriculum writing process.
This three-step process begins with extensive research to determine training needs, specific student behavioral outcomes, learner characteristics, and marketability. Next the designers use this information to build a targeted curriculum employing educational industry standards of proven adult-learning methodology. Finally, the course is documented as a total training package that ensures consistency, quality, and objective student performance assessments.
LACRTC is capable of providing class facilitation for existing client curricula on a case-by-case basis.
COURSE ASSESSMENT AND COACHING SERVICE
To ensure that the desired student behavioral shifts are achieved systemically, LACRTC Master Instructors will attend the course(s) of your choice and provide the following:
- Detailed report and/or grading rubric with comments for each instructor
- Detailed report and/or grading rubric with comments on the course
- Personal instructor coaching using the RRAC ©(Positive Coaching) Model
- Instructional design recommendations
- Additional resources provided based on situational client needs
Each course assessment will be tailored to the presenter’s specific needs and desired results. Prior to the course, an assessor will consult with the course presenter to ensure that expectation will be met.
TRAINING CONSULTATION SERVICES
We are excited to offer additional training consultation exclusively tailored to the specific needs of our clients. Some of the additional services that we provide include:
- Instructor development
- Testing instruments
- Curriculum enhancement
- Public speaking coaching
- Presentation skills
- Total Training Documentation Package for existing training
Contact us today to improve the power of your training programs.