For Implementation of a Comprehensive Aviation Program Based on Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Platforms. *POST Plan N/A
This POST certified course is a 48-hour program of instruction designed to provide governmental agencies with the knowledge and skills necessary to create (or modify) and implement an aviation program based on unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) platforms. The class follows a progression of:
- FAA 107 test preparation then taking the FAA UAG 107 test (included in tuition)
- Identify and explain agency specific mission sets and select the appropriate UAVs to accomplish them
- Demonstrate the ability to create or modify a UAS safety management system
- Demonstrate the ability to create or modify a UAS maintenance program
- UAS operations and limitations
- Create or modify a UAS training program
- Be guided through the application process for Public Use Certificates of Authorization and waivers under Part 107
Each student will receive a minimum of eight hours of flight instruction and log at least two hours of actual flight time. Successful students will return to their respective organizations as certified operators with all the information required for a fully developed program ready for management review.
The Los Angeles County Regional Training Center (LACRTC) is not affiliated with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The FAA Remote Pilot Airman Certificate is achieved by successfully completing the FAA Aeronautical Knowledge Test. LACRTC has partnered with FAA testing centers to include the FAA test as part of this course (test fee is included in the tuition).