Event Phone: (888) 782-4969 Ext. 1
- Restoring Public Trust: Leveraging the Power of Social Media 171113-RPT-RTC-003
November 13, 2017
7:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Restoring Public Trust course was built to establish a rich partnership between policing agencies and the people whom they serve by leveraging the power of social media platforms.
Students who complete this 8-hour course will be able to:
- Develop specific strategies which build a symbiotic relationship with community members and yield a meaningful two-way dialog long before a crisis occurs (how to build a community bank account)
- Leverage the power of social media to maintain a healthy relationship with the community by humanizing policing agencies
- Dictate the media story-line using factual agency narratives to remain in front of negative public perception
- Analyze social media platforms to identify the best organizational fit and then operate that platform effectively
- Avoid common pitfalls, manage the “trolls” and know how to survive negative viral stories
- Effectively work with agency command staff to ensure that information is properly vetted yet still timely
- Apply best practices and develop new innovations in community outreach using social media
Approximately 100,000,000 people in the U.S. visit Facebook each day. Twitter and Instagram are accessed by tens of millions of unique users every month, and YouTube receives almost a billion unique visitors each month. In California, an estimated 50% of the population is active on Facebook. Often, news involving public service agencies is disseminated through social media long before traditional news outlets, and in more graphic detail. When one considers that 62% of U.S. adults get their news from social media, it seems to be the most logical, effective, and economical platform for police agencies to use for community outreach.
The Los Angeles County Regional Training Center (LACRTC) is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of our customers. Your information will not be provided to third party providers of any kind or utilized for purposes outside of updates regarding our training courses and offerings. For additional information please see our Terms & Conditions.
Venue: LA HIDTA Training Center